For those of you who are new to the Lineage Eternal game and/or the Lineage franchise overall, I’d like to give you a summary.
To begin, let’s start with…
Announcement Date: Nov 8, 2011
Rumored Releasedate: 2014
Lineage Eternal is a massively multiplayer RPG.
Lineage Eternal is also known as Lineage 3 as being the 3rd game in the Lineage series. It features fast-paced combat, interactive environment, playable cinematic-like scenarios and dynamic battles. The game takes place on the same continent, Aden, as the other Lineage games 200 years after Lineage II.
It’s been 200 years since the War of the False King and the people of Aden choke under the Dark Emperor’s rule.
In LE players will be able to interact with the environment to create strategic advantages during combat. Such as firing an arrow at a barrel of gunpowder to make it explode, damaging nearby enemies. You can push enemies off of cliffs or throw pots at them.
In LE you will be executing most of your abilities using the Drag-Skill function. It’s a kind of mouse-gesture that translates into using a skill of your hero.
As an example:
If you draw a circle around your Knight using the drag skill he will perform a Whirling Slash and if you draw a straight line with a Mage you will create a Fire Wall.
Lineage Eternal features three classes:
- Charging Blade – When drawing a straight line AWAY from the hero he will charge with his blade to the end location and pierce through enemies in his path.
- Whirling Slash – When drawing a circular line around the hero he will perform a spinning attack that damages all surrounding enemies.
- Grappling Hook – This is a tool to utilize on terrain and NPCs. The hero can use the Grappling Hook to pull enemies closer to him or to cross gaps in terrain or gain melee range.
A Mage utilizes three magical stances. The first is Destruction Stance which controls elemental forces such as fire, ice and lightning.
In this stance the mage can perform Fire Wall by drawing a straight line using the drag skill. The player controls the length, location and direction just by dragging the mouse. Using the same technique the mage can also put up walls of ice, blocking enemies from reaching the hero.
- <Element> Wall – When you draw a straight line the mage will create a wall of a specific element. For example you can create a wall of fire that damages enemies that pass through it.
- Deathly Touch – This spell is a channeled area of effect ability. You can control the area of effect by moving the mouse.
- Telekinesis – Target an area location to levitate enemies which you then can throw in any direction by draggin the mouse.
– Spirit Archer –
The Spirit Archer are descendants of the Forest Folk, who were once on good terms with the Wood Elves. They are good-hearted outlaws who oppose the Empire’s rule. They are masters of the bow and can also summon various spirits to assist them.
All attacks and skills of the Spirit Archer uses up Ammunition. The player must be aware of how much Ammunition is left. If the “Ammo” is all used up, the Spirit Archer must replace his quiver, during which he cannot attack or use skills.
- Arrow Shower – Is a powerful area-effect skill. But as this skill uses all remaning “Ammo” knowing when to use this skill is critical.
- Summon Spirit – A summoned spirit increases the base damage of arrow attacks and imbues elemental effects. In dangerous situations the Spirit can assume humanoid form and attack enemies. It can also taunt and disrupt the enemy’s attack formation.
- Burst Show – This ability can be utilized to destroy shields of enemies who protect themselves or others.
And as a final, i suggest you watch the official trailer that was presented by NCsoft at the Gstar convention.